ACG has established a recertification requirement as part of its initiative to have the Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA) program accredited by ANSI and recognized by the U.S. Department of Energy. ACG's goals for recertification are to ensure that CxA holders remain current with best practices, broaden their understanding of the industry, and continue to be recognized as the leading providers of quality building commissioning for new and existing buildings.
If you are currently a CxA and would like to submit continuing education activities to ACG, please click here to access the Continuing Education Reporting Portal. If you have forgotten your username/password, contact email@example.com.
CxA Recertification Overview
The three-year recertification cycle for CxAs certified prior to June 30, 2016 runs through December 31, 2018. For those certified between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017 the certification cycle runs through December 31, 2019. Recertification requirements are as follows:
1. CxA certification holders will are required to earn 50 points during their 3 year certification cycle in order to recertify.
-Points can be earned in numerous ways, such as CxEnergy attendance and participation in commissioning projects, as listed on the CxA Recertification Point System Matrix.
-Only points related to commissioning that include proof of attendance from a third party will qualify.
2. Agreement to uphold and abide by the new CxA Code of Ethics.
3. Pay applicable annual fees and verify continued independent status on an annual basis, with updated certificates issued annually.
4. Gap Requirement for CxAs certified prior to April 2016 (see below).
Gap Requirement - Applicable to those certified prior to April 2016
Current CxA holders will be required to address gaps between the old and new exams, which primarily includes aspects of existing building commissioning and on-going commissioning there are two options:
1. A gap seminar will be available for the first time at CxEnergy 2017. This session and short quiz, focused on existing building commissioning, fulfills an important ANSI recertification requirement for CxAs certified prior to April 2016. The session is offered free of charge to ACG-certified individuals, however for planning purposes you must register in advance at www.cxenergy.com.
2. The alternate option will be to take and pass the current CxA exam based on the new guidelines from DOE. Please contact the certification department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on scheduling the exam.
More Information Regarding CxA Recertification
Download the CxA Candidate Handbook for more information regarding CxA recertification. Questions may be directed to the ACG Certification Department via email (email@example.com) or by phone at (202) 737-7775.